Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Duong Thi Thuy, Nguyen Thi Bich Ngoc, Nguyen Duy An, Pham Quoc Long, Seidler Christina (2014).
Water quality of the Red River system in the period 2012 – 2013. Journal of Vietnames Environment, Vol. 6(3), pp. 191-195 DOI: 10.13141/jve.vol6.no3.pp191-195
Few data are available on the quality of Red river water that is used for multi-purposes, includingfor domestic water demand in some rural areas. This paper presents the observation results of theRed River water quality in two years 2012 and 2013. The monitoring results showed that the aver-age concentrations of nutrients (N, P) were still far lower than the allowed value of the Vietnamesestandard limits for surface water quality (QCVN 08:2008/BTNMT, column A2). Due to the im-poundment of two big dams in the Da tributary, the suspended solids contents in river water de-creased remarkably. The dissolved heavy metal (DHM) concentrations varied in a high range: Cu: 10 – 80 µg.l-1; Zn: 2 – 88 µg.l-1; Cr: 0.2 – 5.1 µg.l-1; Pb: 2 - 107 µg.l-1; Cd: 2 – 12 µg.l-1; Mn: 2 – 35 µg.l-1; and Fe: 160 – 2370 µg.l-1. Most of the mean values of DHM were lower than the allowed values of the QCVN 08:2008/BTNMT, but at several points of time, several DHM (e.g. Fe, Cd, Pb) contents exceeded the allowed values. The Total Coliform (TC) and Fecal Coliform (FC) den-sities varied in a high range: TC: 23 to 13,000MPN.100ml-1 and FC: 0 to 1,600MPN.100ml-1 andthey exceeded the allowed values QCVN 08:2008/BTNMT at several points observed. The dis-solved organic carbon (DOC) contents were in low level and the particulate organic carbon (POC) content mainly derived from soil organic leaching and erosion in the basin. The results underlined the need for regularly monitoring the river water quality, and there should be some effective solu-tions to manage and treat the waste sources in order to provide safe water for different actual pur-poses use in the Red River basin.
- Liu, Zhifei, Zhao, Yulong, Colin, Christophe, Stattegger, Karl, Wiesner, Martin G., Huh, Chih-An, Zhang, Yanwei, Li, Xiajing, Sompongchaiyakul, Penjai, You, Chen-Feng, Huang, Chi-Yue, Liu, James T., Siringan, Fernando P., Le, Khanh Phon, Sathiamurthy, Edlic, Hantoro, Wahyoe S., Liu, Jianguo, Tuo, Shouting, Zhao, Shaohua, Zhou, Shiwen, He, Ziding, Wang, Yuchen, Bunsomboonsakul, Suratta, Li, Yanli (2015) -
- Thi Thu Hien Nguyen, Weiguo Zhang1, Zhen Li, Jie Li, Can Ge, Jinyan Liu, XuexinBai, Huan Feng, and Lizhong Yu (2016). -
- Thi Thao Ta, Si Hung Le, Hong Quan Trinh, Thi Nguyet Minh Luu, Anh Duc Trinh (2016). -
- Huong Thi Mai Nguyen1, Quynh Thi Phuong Le1, J. Garnier3, J.-L. Janeau4 & E. Rochelle-Newall (2016). -
- Xi Xi Lu, ChanthaOeurng, Thi Phuong Quynh Le, Duong ThiThuy (2015). -
- Duc Anh Trinh, Thi Nguyet Minh Luu, Quan Hong Trinh, Hai Sy Tran, Tien Minh Tran, Thi Phuong Quynh Le, Thuy Thi Duong, Didier Orange, Jean Louis Janeau, Thomas Pommier, Emma Rochelle-Newall (2015). -
- Duong Thi Thuy, Vu Thi Nguyet, Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Hoang Trung Kien, Nguyen Trung Kien, Dang Dinh Kim (2014). -
- Duong Thi Thuy, Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Vu Thi Nguyet, Hoang Thi Thu Hang, Dang Dinh Kim, Lu XiXi (2014). -