Wu Guiju, Tan Hongbo, Yang Guangliang, Shen Chongyang (2015)
Research on the relationship between geophysical structural features and earthquakes in Mid-Yunnan and the surrounding area. Geodesy and Geodynamics, vol 6(5), pp 384-391.
In this study, we analyzed the gravity and, magnetic characteristics, and the occur rence of a fault zone and discusse d the relationships between the two locations. The results reveal that the subsurface structures strikes are different compared with those in the research region. In other words, the geophysica l advantageo us directions from the gravity and magnetic anomalies are not the same as those caused by the surfac e structures. The local horizontal gradient results from the gravity and magnetic anomalies show that the majority of earthquakes occur along an intense fault zone, which is a zone of abrupt gravity and negative magnetic change, whe re the shapes match very well. From the distribut ion of earthquakes in this area, we find that it has experienced more than 11 earthquake events with magnitude larger than Ms7.0. In addition, water development sites such as Jinshajiang, Lancangjiang, and the Red River and Pearl River watersheds have been hit ten times by earthquakes of this magnitude. It is observed that strong earthquakes occur frequently in the Holocene active fault zone.
- Liu, Zhifei, Zhao, Yulong, Colin, Christophe, Stattegger, Karl, Wiesner, Martin G., Huh, Chih-An, Zhang, Yanwei, Li, Xiajing, Sompongchaiyakul, Penjai, You, Chen-Feng, Huang, Chi-Yue, Liu, James T., Siringan, Fernando P., Le, Khanh Phon, Sathiamurthy, Edlic, Hantoro, Wahyoe S., Liu, Jianguo, Tuo, Shouting, Zhao, Shaohua, Zhou, Shiwen, He, Ziding, Wang, Yuchen, Bunsomboonsakul, Suratta, Li, Yanli (2015) -
- Thi Thu Hien Nguyen, Weiguo Zhang1, Zhen Li, Jie Li, Can Ge, Jinyan Liu, XuexinBai, Huan Feng, and Lizhong Yu (2016). -
- Thi Thao Ta, Si Hung Le, Hong Quan Trinh, Thi Nguyet Minh Luu, Anh Duc Trinh (2016). -
- Huong Thi Mai Nguyen1, Quynh Thi Phuong Le1, J. Garnier3, J.-L. Janeau4 & E. Rochelle-Newall (2016). -
- Xi Xi Lu, ChanthaOeurng, Thi Phuong Quynh Le, Duong ThiThuy (2015). -
- Duc Anh Trinh, Thi Nguyet Minh Luu, Quan Hong Trinh, Hai Sy Tran, Tien Minh Tran, Thi Phuong Quynh Le, Thuy Thi Duong, Didier Orange, Jean Louis Janeau, Thomas Pommier, Emma Rochelle-Newall (2015). -
- Duong Thi Thuy, Vu Thi Nguyet, Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Hoang Trung Kien, Nguyen Trung Kien, Dang Dinh Kim (2014). -
- Duong Thi Thuy, Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Vu Thi Nguyet, Hoang Thi Thu Hang, Dang Dinh Kim, Lu XiXi (2014). -