Thi Thao Ta, Si Hung Le, Hong Quan Trinh, Thi Nguyet Minh Luu, Anh Duc Trinh (2016).
Interpretation of anthropogenic impacts (agriculture and urbanization) on tropical deltaic river network through the spatio-temporal variation of stable (N, O) isotopes of NO- 3, Isotopes in Environmental and Health Studies, 52(4-5), pp. 487-497, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10256016.2016.1142987
For the first time, the dual isotope approach was applied to trace the sources of impacts and to identify the governing biogeochemical processes in a river network in the tropical deltaic region of the Red River (Vietnam). Our long term surveys concluded that water in this river network was severely impacted by anthropogenic activities. Analysis has shown strong spatio-temporal variation of nitrate isotopes; ranges of δ15N–NO3- and δ18O– NO3- were from -5 to 15 ‰ and from -10 to 10 ‰, respectively. Average values of δ15N–NO3- and δ18O–NO3- in the dry season, when fertilizer is applied, were 3.54 and 3.15 ‰, respectively. In the rainy season, the values changed to 6.41 and -2.23 ‰, respectively. Denitrification and biological assimilation were active throughout the year, but were especially enhanced during fertilization time. Mineralization of domestic organic matter and consequent nitrification of mineralized NH4+ were the dominant processes, particularly during the rainy period.
- Liu, Zhifei, Zhao, Yulong, Colin, Christophe, Stattegger, Karl, Wiesner, Martin G., Huh, Chih-An, Zhang, Yanwei, Li, Xiajing, Sompongchaiyakul, Penjai, You, Chen-Feng, Huang, Chi-Yue, Liu, James T., Siringan, Fernando P., Le, Khanh Phon, Sathiamurthy, Edlic, Hantoro, Wahyoe S., Liu, Jianguo, Tuo, Shouting, Zhao, Shaohua, Zhou, Shiwen, He, Ziding, Wang, Yuchen, Bunsomboonsakul, Suratta, Li, Yanli (2015) -
- Thi Thu Hien Nguyen, Weiguo Zhang1, Zhen Li, Jie Li, Can Ge, Jinyan Liu, XuexinBai, Huan Feng, and Lizhong Yu (2016). -
- Huong Thi Mai Nguyen1, Quynh Thi Phuong Le1, J. Garnier3, J.-L. Janeau4 & E. Rochelle-Newall (2016). -
- Xi Xi Lu, ChanthaOeurng, Thi Phuong Quynh Le, Duong ThiThuy (2015). -
- Duc Anh Trinh, Thi Nguyet Minh Luu, Quan Hong Trinh, Hai Sy Tran, Tien Minh Tran, Thi Phuong Quynh Le, Thuy Thi Duong, Didier Orange, Jean Louis Janeau, Thomas Pommier, Emma Rochelle-Newall (2015). -
- Duong Thi Thuy, Vu Thi Nguyet, Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Hoang Trung Kien, Nguyen Trung Kien, Dang Dinh Kim (2014). -
- Duong Thi Thuy, Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Vu Thi Nguyet, Hoang Thi Thu Hang, Dang Dinh Kim, Lu XiXi (2014). -
- Le Thi Phuong Quynh, Ho Tu Cuong, Duong Thi Thuy, Nguyen Thi Bich Ngoc, Nguyen Duy An, Pham Quoc Long, Seidler Christina (2014). -